Binance Academy, the educational arm of Binance, is celebrating its first anniversary today. Here are some of the highlights and top stories from a year of quality crypto-education for all. We are also introducing a new survey and giving away Ledger wallets to lucky responders.
Exactly one year ago, Binance Academy was launched in beta as Binance’s official cryptocurrency education platform. Within just one year, Binance Academy has grown into one of the most reliable sources of information about blockchain and cryptocurrency. We want to thank the people who have learned about blockchain on our website. Around 3,000,000 people have contributed close to 10 million page views.
How much education has Binance Academy delivered to the public? Here’s a neat stat: Binance Academy users have spent a total of 3,932,114 minutes reading our articles. That’s 7.48 years of time spent to learn about blockchain, with more than 50% of that time recorded over the past 90 days. In addition, our YouTube videos recorded a total of 9,250 hours (385 days) of playback in our first year.
We’ve also launched a new survey today, for us to get to know you and your preferences better. Answer this survey to get a chance to win one of 10 custom Binance-branded Ledger Nano S hardware wallets!
Message from the Binance Academy Team
About 14 months ago, Binance Academy was a pipe dream. Today, it’s bringing education to millions around the world. We phrased it like this because it all happened in the blink of an eye. The journey from the idea on the back of a napkin, to a one-man side-project, then to the dedicated and hardworking team we are now, it’s been an extremely rewarding journey. Along the way, we have been able to provide education to millions of people wherever they may be around the world, and this has been our motivation since the beginning. This is not the end, or anywhere near. We will continue to work towards our goal of bringing entirely neutral education to every corner of the world. Thank you to the communities who have supported us, the passionate learners who are enjoying our content, and to the dedicated team who have worked so hard to bring Academy to the world.
Since the beta launch last August 2018, the Binance Academy has relentlessly worked to enhance the website and introduce new content and features regularly. Within just one year, Binance Academy has delivered the following results:
- More than 100 educational articles, providing in-depth discussions on various topics.
- Over 200 glossary terms providing concise definitions of crucial terms used in the blockchain space.
- Support for 17 languages, with most of these languages going live as early as December 2018. The most recently supported language, Japanese, rolled out this month.
- Video explainers and audio versions of articles, providing multiple ways for people to learn and understand blockchain topics.
- Interactive features, such as the most accurate Bitcoin halving countdown online (shown below), educational quizzes on Phishing and Blockchain Terms, and several Playlists created to streamline blockchain education.
- A progressive web app that you can download on multiple devices for easier access to Binance Academy.
- Two large site redesigns, executed to improve user experience.
- 200 hardware wallets given across multiple promotions and awareness campaigns executed by Binance Academy throughout the year.
- Dark and Light themes so you can customize your own viewing experience.
Top 10 Binance Academy Articles
Out of the hundreds of things you can learn on Binance Academy, there are 10 articles that stood out to our millions of users. The 10 most-read articles on Binance Academy represent a mix of crypto trading, technology, and security topics.
1. What Is a Dusting Attack? This is a timely article on the act of sending tiny amounts of coins to several crypto wallets in an attempt to identify who owns them. Binance Academy went the extra mile and informed everyone about its discovery of a dusting attack on several Litecoin wallets.
2. What Is Margin Trading? Binance recently launched a Margin Trading service, which allows people to trade assets using borrowed funds. Ever the dutiful educator, Binance Academy explained how margin trading works in crypto markets. [Bonus: We also have a guide on how to do margin trading on Binance.]
3. MACD Indicator Explained. One of the several technical analysis (TA) articles that gained traction on Binance Academy, this article outlines how to use the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD).
4. What is a Coin Burn? Every time Binance CEO CZ informs the public about the latest BNB coin burn figures, there’s always at least one person who asks what a coin burn is. It’s a good thing Binance Academy has an easy-to-understand article about it.
5. Symmetric vs. Asymmetric Encryption. One of the more technical articles on Binance Academy, it demonstrates how these encryption methods are used.
6. Ichimoku Clouds Explained. Binance Academy sheds light on how this fancily named TA method puts good use of several indicators.
7. Byzantine Fault Tolerance Explained. This is the story of how addressing a logic problem called the Byzantine Generals’ Problem has helped create the sophisticated technology behind Bitcoin and blockchain.
8. Stochastic RSI Explained. The third trading-focused article on the list, this article describes how this indicator can tell if an asset is oversold or overbought.
9. Common Scams on Mobile Devices. The average person touches his/her phone more than 2,600 times a day. With this article, Binance Academy helps you avoid using up any of those touches on scams.
10. Why Public WiFi is Insecure. In one of its several security articles, Binance Academy informs the public of the dangers of using public WiFi networks, especially in crypto trading.
Binance Academy’s Plans for Sophomore Year, Starting with a Wallet Giveaway
For its second year, Binance Academy expects to come up with even more content and enhancements. One of the things to watch out for is the launching of Certified Courses on blockchain and cryptocurrency topics.
Another thing that we are introducing is a new way for us to better know the people who use Binance Academy. Starting today, you can submit your feedback here in our anniversary survey, and you will get a chance to win one of 10 Ledger Nano S hardware wallets that we’re giving away.
Let’s work together in evolving Binance Academy into a universal platform for crypto education. In other words, a university.
Binance Academy is available in the following languages: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
What’s next for the Academy? We want to hear your opinion. Leave a suggestion on our feature request board.